Humans Welcome by Appointment Only

Do you notice curious signs? I do. It's one of the delights of travel and days out exploring.


I spotted this sign on a cold February day last year, while looking for lunch in an unfamiliar place. It was outside a pub near the quay in Orford, Suffolk, England. 


We had no appointment or reservation and didn't think we qualified as children, dogs, parrots or horses. So after reading the sign my husband and I were pleasantly surprised to be given an excellent meal here.


The most disturbing thing about this sign is that while the pub welcomes children, it seems they don't consider children to be human.


It turned out to be a welcoming place though and the views near by were superb, even on a dull winter day. A happy memory on this dull and drizzly Bank Holiday Monday.




Photos: my own


Comments