Epiphany: 'The Fourth Wise Man'

Have you packed away your Christmas decorations or are you someone who likes to leave them until at least the end of today, the Feast of Epiphany? I took ours down this afternoon, so the house is gradually returning to its normal look.

I've posted several times in the past for today's feast on this blog. If you want to take a look you can find links on my Epiphany page

I wasn't planning to do another post today, but then I came across a story I hadn't heard before. It's about the 'Fourth Wise Man'. Traditionally there were 3 wise men, perhaps only thought of as 3 because they brought 3 expensive gifts, gold, frankincense and myrrh. The story of the visit of the magi (or wise men) to the child Jesus is only told in Matthew's Gospel and doesn't state a number. There could have been 2, 3, 4 or many more who sought the 'new-born king'.

In the story I came across today, the 4th wise man set out but never got to Bethlehem with the others. He arrived too late. It is well worth watching to see why he arrived too late, what happened when he got there and what he did next. Did he ever get to meet Jesus? Well take a few minutes to find out by watching this moving story of the 'Fourth Wise Man'.









Comments